FCAE District 5 Program Advisor
1105 Old Vincennes Trail, Cell - 618-604-1622
O'Fallon, IL 62269
(618) 622-9201 fax
Last 5 messages
Monthly Summary ReportMost Recent (10/31/2014)
Follow-up - District 5 IAVAT Professional Development at SIUCSaturday, June 16, 2012
*Message sent to District 5 Ag Teachers.
The event was a great success! These 26 agriculture teachers attended the day and one-half event in conjunction with the Cooperatives Student Youth Conference on June 7 and 8, 2012:
|Jamie VanDyke||East Richland|
|Mark Steber||East Richland|
|Rylan Rusk||Edwards County|
|CR Sloan||Hamilton County|
|John Kabat||Mt. Vernon|
|Ryan Kinzinger||New Athens|
|Sarah Timmons||North Boone|
|Jenny Bergmann||Pope County|
|Steven Clodfelter||Red Hill|
|Gary Ochs||Red Hill|
|Dave Scott||Wayne City|
|Daryl Kiselewski||Webber - Bluford|
Thank you to our presenters and hosts:
-Teachers bringing and sharing their SAE and Best Lessons
-Michelle Sullivan, Coordinator of Recruitment, Retention and
-Dr. Sylvia Smith, Assistant Professor in Food and Nutrition, SIUC
-Dr. Nicole Davis, Professor in Hospitality and Tourism, SIUC
-Haley Siergiej, Illinois representative, Nutrients for Life Foundation
-Dr. Seb Pense, Professor in Ag Education, SIUC
-Josh Berg, Ag Teacher, Okawville High School
-Dr. Jennifer Calvin, Professor in Workforce Education, SIUC
-Preparing Students for College
-Recruitment Strategies for Agriculture Teacher Education
-Nourishing the Planet in the 21st Century - Nutrients for Life Curriculum
-Ag Ed Degree/Certification Testing Update
-SAE Exchange of Ideas
-Food and Nutrition hands-on labs.
-Hospitality and Tourism Presentation and labs.
The best features of this activity were:
- Presentations both days were excellent. SAE ideas and Food/tourism were the best.
- Hands-on, myCAERT training, Food waste lab(2), tourism in Ag
- Great resources in all workshops, new ideas for new areas not always considered ‘agriculture’.
- Great hands-on activities(7)
- Good hands-on activities, presentations were interesting.
- Sharing ideas and receiving curriculum that is ready to use in the classroom.
- There was a lot of hands-on activities. Great networking.
- Very well organized. Dean is awesome.
- Nutrients for Life(2), Food Science Lab
- Tourism and hospitality opened ideas for the inclusion of curriculum.
- New and interesting things to incorporate into curriculum. I’d like to do these non-traditional areas in foods.
- Loved the free stuff.(2)
- Good activities.
- Group discussion – Sharing of Ideas.
Teachers received up to 8 CPDUs. Attached is the positive evaluation summary.
A special thank you to Dr. Todd Winters, Associate Dean, for allowing us to use the agricultural sciences building and Michelle Sullivan, Coordinator of Recruitment, Retention and Placement for assisting in organizing the event at Southern Illinois University at Carbondale. Much appreciated!
Plans are to continue this partnership and professional development again next year at this time and location.
Thank you notes should be sent to:
Dr. Todd Winters - Associate Dean
College of Agricultural Sciences
Southern Illinois University Carbondale
1205 Lincoln Drive, MC 4416
Carbondale, IL 62901
To be removed from this list, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Evaluation Summary - 2012.pdf